I was lamenting over the fact that I had no soup today. It’s cold and I wanted a steaming bowl of something. With bread. And butter spread as thick as cheese. Obviously. I waited and waited and contemplated a 20 minute drive to get some, but my work and a little sick one meant I had to be here. I opened the fridge and whipped this bastard up quicker than you could say “it’s not soup and bread, but it’s tasty, warm and it will do.”
Quick vegetable Frittata
Chopped veggies you have sitting in the bottom of the fridge. I used:
Handful cherry tomatoes
Bunch of majoram (use any herb)
Garlic & olive oil
Good splash of cream
Salt & pepps
- Throw some olive oil into a frypan and add in the clove of crushed garlic. Instantly feel better because you are cooking something!
- Throw in the cubed veggies and herbs (all around the same size) and fry off for about 5-7 mins until you get some colour on them and soften. Season with salt & pepps.
- In a separate bowl add in the 5 eggs and cream, some more salt & pepper. Whisk to combine and pour over the veggies.
- Let it simmer for a little while until almost set (about 5 mins) then whack under a hot grill until brown on top. I cover the handle of my frypan with foil.
- Tip out onto a plate and DEMOLISH.
Are you making soup?
Can I have some?