How does a spring garden grow?

I had breakfast yesterday at the local cafe served by my lovely friend Annie. She knows my order of ricotta and avocado toast with a side of bacon and a mug of skim flat white like it’s nobodies business. We had friends over for lunch yesterday so I asked if I could pop around to pick some daffodils for my table setting because if there’s one thing Annie has, it’s daffs. She is currently staying at a house with THE most beautiful garden so off I popped with my sidekicks to pick some daffs for a Sunday table.

I’m not sure there’s anything else I’d rather do on a Sunday morning then pick daffodils from a garden like this with my two girls. Thank you Annie x

G1 G2 G3 G4 G5 G6 G7 G8 G9 G10 G11 G12

Comments

1. Gail Virgona says:

Oh my goodness Beth. Nothing better. Look at that daffodil heaven. We spent the weekend at my mum and dad’s EIEIO and they have a few dafs and early cheer. Not heaps but enough for half a dozen vases. Spent a happy half hour picking and arranging. The worst bit? My husband is allergic to frangrant flowers so they have to sit on the outside window sill so I can see but not smell or touch. Honestly – the sacrifices I make for that man. It’s almost grounds for divorce.

• BabyMacBlogBeth says:

You are a VERY good wife indeed! It really was daffodil heaven…you should have heard the girls when they walked around the corner and saw them all there!!

2. Katie Clulow says:

holy shit. NICE

3. Alli @ ducks on the dam says:

Love the hedge walk with the stone ……. thingy….. in the middle. Stunner

4. Oh my goodness that’s just too beautiful and English for words.

5. Maxabella says:

Annie’s just a bit lucky, isn’t she!? x

6. Reannon Hope says:

Well isn’t that just heaven!

7. Lisa Mckenzie says:

OMG Beth what a wonderful garden I can smell it from here ,how lucky to have a friend like Annie,I would heave been greedy if I were there I think and got lots,enjoy!

8. Beautiful – such a gorgeous garden! No wonder she could spare a few blooms, that’s a field of daffodils!

9. Chelsea De Luca says:

Oh my gosh! They are like weeds! The most wonderful weeds I’ve ever seen. I used to think myself lucky with my five precious daffodil bulbs in my garden. That garden is heaven.

• BabyMacBlogBeth says:

I know! It’s my dream to have an entire silver birch GROVE completely underplanted with daffs and bluebells…one day!

• Carolyn Manning says:

I’ve been thinking on your Silver Birch GROVE, and I think you should add PEONIES to the mix. So long as you get a good long period of frost in the Winter you should bolt in with lots of gorgeousness in the Spring.

10. That’s too gorgeous! I grew up in Canberra and we’d always meet our Sydney family here. Love it.

11. MotherDownUnder says:

We are order twins! Except I get a regular FW, extra hot. And my little sidekick eats all my bacon!
    Those daffodils are just gorgeous…we get such different signs of spring here in Brisbane.

12. I love those daffodils! I have to make do and look at flowers on your blog as most flowers give me allergies!

13. crazyspeedylove says:

{www.crazyspeedylove.com}
    I don’t garden – HATE IT and manage to kill everything – but I can appreciate a beautiful garden….and these photos are amazing! It’s photos like this that make me think I can pull out a Don Burke green thumb from my arse…truth is it will never happen!