Some bullet points, if you will excuse me this sunny Wednesday morning.
- Last night Harper went to sleep in her bed at 6.30pm and she DID NOT MAKE A NOISE OR MOVE OUT OF SAID BED UNTIL 5.45am. I don’t think that has ever happened. Ever. In her entire almost 3 years of life. No noise. No getting up. No interruptions. No NOTHING. I’m not saying anything to jinx it so I’m not saying anything, but I’m NOT SAYING ANYTHING REALLY LOUDLY.
- I am still picking large fistfuls of Daphne from the garden which pleases me no end. The smell! I’m not sure there is a sweeter one. If you can plant one somehow, somewhere, do it.
- Even though Spring is here I seem to still be eating large bowls of porridge for breakfast each morning. It makes me feel like I am being healthy although it has large quantities of yoghurt spread over it’s back. I really must start exercising again too. How are you all going with your Spring exercise regimes that are so popular this time of year?
- Speaking of shoving food into your mouth, did you know that these are back? Toobs. A flavour of the 80′s that have been bought back by popular demand. They are available at the vending machine at the pub and have been on high rotation with the 2 year old. Can you blame her? The burgery cheezel really is unbeatable.
- Insert gratuitous Kevin Bacon shot here. He is a Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever. What a regal sounding breed. I just like saying it.
- One of my best (and oldest) friends sent me this shot the other week from our teen years. I guess I was probably 14 or 15 here. Something that sprung to mind was AREN’T YOU MEANT TO HAVE POSTERS OF BOYS ON YOUR WALLS? I had tulips. Is it any wonder I live where I do? Tulip Time is just around the corner too…excitement is mounting. I was also pleased to see the selection of board games neatly stacked…Game of Life. Cluedo. Simon Says! From Simon Townsend’s Wonder World! Sweet memories…