1. Calling all GARDENERS/people knowledgeable in matters of the garden…I have a question for you. My garden is filled with the prettiest of flowers at the moment – the humble Hellebore (otherwise known as a Winter Rose). They are sweet and lovely and I wish to fill every vase I own with them but…BUT…they last about 2 hours in a vase. They droop. They are messy. They look sad. Is there any way that they can be used without this happening? Sugar in the water? Split stems? HOW? Teach me your ways oh wise people. I’ll pay you back with gratuitous shots of hellebore’s in every vase I own. I know! SUCH good payment right?
2. Could chartreuse be the best colour that ever existed, ever? Indeed, could it be the best word that exists? I got a new Country Road scarf from my little sis for my Birthday that is more fluro yellow than it is chartreuse but it’s safe to say that it is my favourite and my best colour at the moment. I’m sure if I had my “colours” done it would tell me I was WAY off, but what would expert people know when it comes to matters of the heart?
Exhibit A: my new top from Century 21 (ruddy man hand free of charge, you’re welcome)
Exhibit B: My new Anthropologie cardi. See those grey spots hanging down? They are PART of the cardi. The lining! Is there anything that they cannot do?
Exhibit C: That Witchery Scarf. I know it’s yellow and not chartreuse by whatever. It’s in the SAME FAMILY and it’s hot.
3. It occurred to me when I got home that my youngest daughter was starting to look a little like Sterlo, aka Peter Sterling the Rugby league football player from about circa 1982) and things had to be fixed. Fast. The original baby hair was the culprit – wispy and mullety and BEAUTIFUL – but I knew it had to go. I didn’t know how she would go though – if she was anything like her older sister she would rather poke herself in the eyes than sit in a hairdressers chair and get her hair cut, so I was a little, shall we say, hesitant.
We went to a local hairdressers in the next small town, forked out a tenner and I sat and watched as she stayed entirely still and did not move not once for 20 minutes, whilst she loved herself silly. Kids are funny the way they are different aren’t they? So long Sterlo…
Hello Toddlers and Tiaras! She ASKED me to take her photo while she stood like this. I couldn’t make this shit up if I tried. Please pay extra attention to the bed making skills in the background. That’s just how I roll people…should I work on an online course? People would pay right?!
4. I spotted this little statue/thing in Bed, Bath & Table and I squealed a little, immediately took a picture and sent it to Mrs Woog and then decided that I HAD to have it. It’s only my favourite building from NY (The Chrysler building that you could see from our apartment). Next paid job I get I’m going right on in there and purchasing it then placing it somewhere and stroking it daily. Weird? YOU BET.
5. Finally, last night as I sat down to a Ginger & Lemongrass tea I pondered just why a pot doesn’t cut it after a long day of cleaning, washing, working and child wrangling and wondered what IS the best, most refreshing non alcoholic go to beverage? I knew you guys would know. Thanks!