1. I pick a fight with my husband 12 minutes into a 7 hour car trip home about something silly and stupid which lead to silence between us for 3 HOURS! 3! Of course the children still made noise, and demands and cried and fought and I refereed all that shenanigans, BUT 3 hours.
2. I tweeted the entire 3 hours of fighting silence because I had to TALK TO SOMEONE.
3. I quietly sat there steaming in my own self righteousness. “How could he leave the house keys behind? I mean I had packed everything up, like I had for the way up there, and all he had to do was pack the car, and he left them behind? I mean really. Men are useless.” And he sat there, thinking that the peace and quiet was nice and finally he could listen to ABC Grandstand uninterrupted. But oh NO! I was NOT GOING TO TALK FIRST. Stupid men.
4. Being so cranky and furiously updating twitter meant that I forgot to change the baby’s nappy which saw us on the side of the M5 at 5.30pm in arctic conditions stripping her naked because she had wet through everything.
5. With just 20 minutes to go on the trip home I decided to rehash the fight again. Yep. For no other reason than the fact THAT I AM MENTAL.
6. After deciding that I would have a few days alcohol free this week, I got home and poured 3 consecutively large glasses of white wine one after the other.
7. All everyone wanted to do this morning was relax and soak up being at home. I instead packed us up to go supermarket shopping! Strangely enough the baby had a tantrum and screamed the entire time.
8. Rob has to go interstate this week for work and will be gone for a few nights. I am already in a panic about night times and getting Harper to bed because inevitably she smells my fear, cries and screams and demands that I sit with her. As Rob explained to me, if I am already freaking out about it, what do you know? It will happen. Stupid men.
9. I am irrationally cranky that Victoria Beckham named her daughter Harper because this will mean that all the chavs in England will have daughters called Harper.