These past 24 hours:
- I have watched rain, serious pouring down rain come down and down and then down again.
- Dealt with the crushing blow (OK not quite) that saw me miss out on the Top 5 of the Kidspot bloggers. I’m Ok with it, really I am, but I still really, really, really thought I might make it. There’s always next year right?
- I have watched my washing pile grow and grow and grow some more and then when I finally decided to get off my arse to do it I had to go out into said pissing rain to chuck clothes into the dryer which is in the garage. Which requires one to go outside, through the rain to get to.
- I have chopped wood and piled it and burnt it and then had to start all over again. I love the end result but it’s time consuming. And messy. But warm, I guess there’s the warmth.
- Put out 4,568,027 fights between Daisy and Harper.
- Listened to Harper say “No no no no noooooooo” a further 5, 478, 456 times.
- Changed waaaay too many nappies from Harper and realised that I just have a general faint smell of poo about me all the time now.
- Made the most ridiculously mis matched, left over dinner last night. Daisy had asian noodle soup (aka 2 min noodles with soy, garlic & ginger broth) Harper a potato chip tortilla and Daisy’s left over noodles and Rob and I left over beef casserole pies. I am not in the practice of making 4 separate dinners but no food and no desire to leave the house left me with no choice. You will note the distinct lack of vegetables or anything nutritious from the menu. Not bovvered.com.au
- Dealt with a coughing fit vomit from the 4yro which left me sleeping with her on the floor of her room and also the added bonus of more washing! But with chunks!
- Realised that a single doona does not really cover 2 people. Especially when sharing with a 4yro.
- Tried to come to terms with the fact that this sickness means time off preschool which means more days, like this one.
- Watched my husband work until a ridiculously late hour and then back again waaay too early for muppet clients who don’t care for his work, or pay him accordingly. He is worth so much more than what he does most of the time.
- Stopped myself from taking to the gin in the am because of point 9 (see above).
- Braving the supermarket this morning because we really, really needed food. There was pissing rain, cranky kids, opened up packets of food whilst still in the supermarket and plenty of points 4 & 5 (see above)
- Watched Tangled 23 times.
- Tried to write a blog post 45 times over the past 5 hours and been interrupted 45 times.
I now need to tackle points 2 & 3 all over again and then there will be dinner. Again. Excuse me while I go to my happy place where I was just 2 weeks ago now.